operating engineers meeting / event space & dispatch center : new alexandria, pa
Client: Operating Engineers of Western PA Local 66
Operating Engineers of Western PA Local 66 covers PA and OH, supporting 7,800 members in 36 counties. As a follow-on to the high-bay training center PWWG designed for the organization, the firm was commissioned to design this new facility to host large-scale events and training, with offices for dispatch operations. Delivered via a Design-Build agreement with Mascaro Construction.
Designed for flexible use, sustainable operation & connection to views and daylight
- Human-centered design features views connecting interior and exterior.
- Capacity for 200+ with tables/chairs, or 500+ for lectures.
- Spaces for socializing include pre-function gallery with skylight, catering kitchen, and shaded loggia.
- Palette of durable materials and construction is inspired by regional traditions—exposed steel framing, metal panels, and masonry.
- MEP system promotes energy efficient operation.
- PWWG’s 3D models and computer fly-throughs communicated options to all stakeholders as the design evolved.
- PWWG & consultants used BIM/Revit to coordinate complex MEP systems with architectural design.
Atlantic Engineering Services